When problems arise in a marriage and couples need help, they traditionally turn to marriage counselors. This option tends to focus on the past by examining the couple’s history and reasons for their behavior. Marriage Mediation offers an alternative. It helps couples face issues and have constructive, solution-oriented conversations. With the help of a marriage mediator, couples can put into place direct and immediate solutions to their problems. The goals of Marriage Mediation are not only to help get a marriage back on track but to strengthen the couple’s communication and problem-solving skills.
Marriage Mediation can help when
- different financial and spending priorities are threatening a marriage
- recent developments are causing high levels of stress
- parents have different parenting styles and priorities
- a couple is contemplating divorce
- blended families are being introduced